Poole People has two Councillors in Poole Town ward, Mark Howell and Andy Hadley. Click here to find out more about Mark or here for Andy, or to access their contact details.
- Tighten up Poole's planning policy to encourage development that respects Poole's heritage
- improve the town centre's traffic system
- encourage re-development of the Dolphin Centre and the areas around it so that residential areas surrounding the Town Centre are reconnected with the Town Centre by attractive and safe pedestrian routes
- establish a body for town centre management and development which include representatives of local community groups
- use planning policy and other resources to encourage the development of Poole Quay as a family-friendly area, and a centre of independent retailers, with attractions for tourists and residents alike.
Concerns about rail crossing in Poole High Street
We are concerned about the impact of recent upgrade to the pedestrian rail crossing in Poole High Street and likely future increases in rail services on the line. It is noticeable, following the upgrade, that the barriers are dropped earlier, resulting in more people having to wait at the crossing for longer.
Dementia Champion role
Chris Wilson has been appointed the Council's Member Champion for Dementia ...
Since June Cllr. Chris Wilson has been heavily involved in this wonderful community project which has involved local residents, particularly those with young families in setting up a garden within the town centre. Many of the young people who come along to help live in the many high rise and low rise flats in the area and so have no…
Twin Sails Gyratory System
Twin Sails Gyratory System: Poole People has continually pressed for a wider review of the whole traffic system between Hunger Hill roundabout and Poole Bridge. We believe that the Council should return to a two way system in West Quay Road with it becoming the primary road for traffic serving the bridges, the port and Hamworthy, and West Street serving…
Mount Pleasant Crossing
Mount Pleasant Crossing: We are pleased to report that our campaigning for a zebra crossing in Mount Pleasant Road has been successful and is now being used by many older people in Seldown to reach Poole Park.